Upcoming Projects That Need Your Dollar Support
The Yu Foundation Board has identified the following projects:
• 3-BP and CRONK Diet Combinations. We need to find the combination of nutritional Caloric Restriction Optimal Nutritional (CRONK) ketogenic diets (fatty acids) and metabolic blocking agents, such as 3-BP, to work in sequence to arrest cancer energy. We need to raise more money to complete the present projects in order to go to the next step of having the National Cancer Institute develop the drug.
• Gulf War Syndrome Intervention. We just completed the Gulf War Syndrome study with Department of Defense with Principle Investigator Dr. David Carpenter, and the results look very promising with resolution of symptoms of the veterans. We need to do more science so that the public can benefit from this clinical research
• Resource Center. Underwriting the costs of the developing the Resource Center as a public service provides a search engine and allows everyone to obtain extended information and contacts with good credibility.
• Breast Cancer and Hormones. We see the “Pink Ribbon” everywhere, yet simple prevention is rarely addressed. Mammography showing “dense breast tissue” means more glandular tissues stimulated by estrogen dominance, which raises the risk for cancer. But simply balancing it with natural progesterone cream to counter estrogen effects will decrease most breast density and prevent this higher risk situation. Eating and drinking fewer sugars will starve potential cancer cells as well. We need to raise these solutions to help all women!
• Osteoarthritis. University of Wisconsin is a leader in research of osteoarthritis and minimal invasive treatments for joint, tendons, and ligaments. We have a promising young doctor there who is pursuing research on the cause and pathogenesis of osteoarthritis, which we all get in aging. His models may help us understand the breakdown of the body-holding structures, which then leads to “laxity” of joints and then permanent changes. Everybody gets osteoarthritis from wear and tear; why not slow it down!
• Mesenchymal Fat Stem Cells. STEM cell research addressing the endocrine system may enhance tissue specific stem cell therapy. I am working with University of Wisconsin to study the “Proof of Concept” using mesenchymal fat stem cells in the microenvironment of the testes to see if there is a cell differentiation with the implanted stem cells.
• Animation as Education. We need an animated cartoon depicting cancer energy mitochondria packets as one of the first defects leading to cells becoming cancers. This will demonstrate a paradigm shift in our thinking of nuclear gene mutations first rather than a secondary effect. We need to make it simple and yet comprehensive so the broader public and understand it and apply it to their daily lives. We also wanted younger generations of high school and college populations to spread the word via social media.
• Confirm Nuclear and Cytoplasmic Transfer Studies. We need to repeat the work of nuclear and cytoplasmic transfer studies. We have past research that shows that transferring cancer nucleus to a normal cell does not lead to cancer, but grows normal cells in the next generation. However, transferring normal nucleus into a cancer cell (after removing its own cancer nucleus) will grow cancer cells in the next generation. In essence, it is in the rest of the cell or cytoplasm where mitochondria resides that is the primary cause of cancers, not the nuclear DNA.
This is an ambitious, but doable task list. Your donation will make a difference. With the exponential growth in cancer, Alzheimer’s, and other metabolically mediated diseases, we have set a funding target of $8 million dollars. Consider a 5-year pledge of donations so we can do our work ahead. We need your help!
Previous Grants and Related Projects
- Positive Effects of Food on the Victims of the Atomic Bombings of 1945
- Conclusion of the Studies of Positive Effects of Food on the Victims of the Atomic Bombings of 1945
- Gene Expression from Cancer and normal tissues and microRNA in urine and blood in Breast Cancer Patients Before and 6 months after Hippocrates and Kushi Caloric Restricted Diet
- Caloric Restriction and Cancer