A Major Initiative to stop all Cancers from Spreading by metastasis to all functional organs needed for life.
- Changing to the fuel of sugar and carbohydrates to Calorie Restricted Optimal Nutrition Ketosis using alternate fuel of fatty acids and ketone esters and limited carbohydrates and protein
- Injecting a powerful metabolic blocking agent 3 BromoPyruvate Into the Tumor Mass to block all Cancer glycolytic fermentation and mitochondrial Hexokinase function
- Pulse blocking secondary alternative cancer fuel Glutamine with the most recent breakthrough with a modified Johns Hopkins innovation drug DON ( prodrug 6-diazo-5-oxo-L-norleucine
Total project Costs: $131,340
These observations are consistent with the in vitro data that 3-BP can kill tumor cells if 3-BP can make direct contact with the tumor cells.
FOCUS OF FOUNDATION
The George W. Yu Foundation for Nutrition & Health supports:
- Influence of nutrition on health and chronic disease
- Preservation of cellular regeneration and stem cell research
- Prevention and removal of accumulated body toxic chemical burdens
- Sex hormones in health and aging
The Measurement of Achievement
“It is not enough to be remembered for one's wealth, knowledge, and achievements. One does not make a difference unless it is the difference in people's lives."
- Joseph Schumpeter, Adolph Drucker The World According to Peter Drucker 1998
"More so, the mark of true achievement and truth is to change the life of the common man who will never know who you are" - George Yu, M.D.
- We are not satisfied with just public awareness but demand public empowerment.
- We are ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
Metabolic approach to Cancer Disease
The metabolic approach to cancer embraces nutritional and molecular aspects to "Starve the cancer cells to death" without harm to the host being. Nutritional intervention means eating foods with high nutrition but with low calories (CR-caloric restriction). Molecular intervention means studying and using compounds, which will block the cancer cell metabolism and energy production.
METABOLIC APPROACH TO CANCER
Paradigm Shift, Needing a "Tipping Point"
Nuclear Transfer Studies of Cancer Cells
This concept differs from a "nuclear genetic" or Somatic Mutational Theory approach which uses agents that destroy indiscriminately both cancer growth and the host being. We emphasize a unique feature in most cancers, which require abundant sugars and some specific amino acids molecules for its energy and growth. Depriving the source of energy leads to cancer cell death without hurting the rest of your body.
Massive public awareness of the concept and evidence supporting a metabolic approach to cancer both in research and treatment must become a reality. We want the individual, institutions and "crowd thinking" via social media to create the momentum to support this concept and future work.
We must unite the use of nutrition practices using CR and metabolic blocking compounds as one integrated practice to deplete energy production of cancer cells.
There are a growing number of scientists and medical doctors who are approaching cancer research and treatments from a metabolic model of cancer starvation and depriving cancer cells of "ATP energy production." I believe the "Tipping Point" (Malcolm Gladwell) is close at hand in a change in the paradigm from Somatic Mutation to a Metabolic theory of carcinomatosis.